Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dear eyes,

I know we haven't talked very much in the past 24 years, but I hope you realize how important you are to me. Without you I couldn't see, and that would put a damper on a great many things in my life. Should I tell you this more often? I'm not a fan of your current passive-aggressive behaviour towards me. I understand you might be tired of wearing contacts, but couldn't you tell me by getting dry or something, not be getting red and irritated? It's very unbecoming to both of us. I've laid off for the past several days, letting you hide behind glasses. I think you've enjoyed this more, though your stunt today makes me wonder. Why, when I'm already acquiescing to your desire for glasses, must you react so strongly to the eyeshadow I put over you? I wish I knew if it were the color scheme that you didn't like, or if you were allergic to the pigments, or if I should use brushes instead of the wand. But did you really have to turn all itchy and bubbly on my eyelids? I hope our relationship can survive your shenanigans.

Sincerely,

The glasses-wearing girl who hopes she can wear a little eye-makeup in the morning. This is starting to devolve into an "ugly" week.

PS. Please let the breakouts on my face know that I am very aware of them and would like them to vacation elsewhere.

PPS. You may consider emulating my cute pink-painted nails. Those make me happy. Follow their shining example.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New color combo to the rescue!!! I am ordering you a color bundle for your beautiful blue eyes! love you!!!

Hillary said...

Haha... what a clever way to put it! :) I hope your eyes heard your plea. So sad!

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson