Tuesday, April 24, 2012

All I need is love... and chocolate

I had an "appointment" today. It was extremely successful, actually! Which was surprising and exciting and happy all in one. Until they mentioned that it is contract, not full-time, no benefits. 
-boo-
Overall, I was kinda bummed out after I left, because I knew that the offer just didn't have enough to make me take it. It's nice that I was good enough to merit such a rapid offer, for what sounds like a very dynamic and exciting job. But in the end, I'm probably not looking for a career, just a stable position that will keep me happy for the short term. Maybe I'm Debbie Downer right now, but it just wasn't what I hoped it would be. Getting the offer is almost worse than not getting it at all. On the positive side, it's nice to know that at least one company/industry found me highly qualified and desirable. 

Tomorrow is Joan's birthday... 25 on the 25th! I had always wanted to do something cool for my 25th.... I ended up extending my Christmas vacation that year and having a quiet night with the fam. Which was actually perfect! But I'm not sure what to do for my honey. Especially since there are time constraints...... I think I will attempt to make the following, though. He requested chocolate, but he isn't a fan of coconut so no German Chocolate Cake. I thought a dump cake would be s i m p l e and perfect, but he doesn't care for cherry pie filling.  So, I'm taking out all the stops! I already know I don't want the white chocolate on top, so I think I'll drizzle chocolate and have whipped cream to top it. I better get to the store and get cooking! It could get interesting, as I don't have a springform pan and will mostly likely buy the pre-made cookie crust. I'll be sure to take pictures and document! And if anyone has any last-minute fun ideas for what I can do with Joan from 8-10 pm tomorrow night besides eat divine cheesecake, let me know!!


1 comment:

Jackie said...

i want that cheesecake!!! I'm pregnant, I need it more. Happy bday Joan!

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson