Thursday, September 20, 2012

A few things to share...


  1. This great quote that came up today about being an educator. I know I'm not currently one, but I still aspire to become a professor somehow, someday.

    The first duty of a lecturer—to hand you after an hour's discourse a nugget of pure truth to wrap up between the pages of your notebooks, and keep on the mantelpiece forever. 
    Virginia Woolf (1882-1941)
  2. I am officially in love with Piano Guys! Jeff and I saw their concert last night and they were absolutely spectacular.
  3. I'm still waiting to hear back from jobs. Maybe the one in D.C. is the one I need to wait for? Apparently it's in a pretty nifty area, from what my sources tell me. It's so nice having family in places where they can vouch for me. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
  4. I'm super behind in posting pictures from all my fun adventures! Like Swiss Days and the Greek Festival and now the concert. Not to mention pictures from my best friend's wedding! (No really, I consider her to be one -- if not the -- of my very best friends.) She's posted pictures from her photographer and wow, what a gorgeous wedding!
  5. Lastly, I'm tired. That's probably why this idea to share a few things is so lame now. I had some good ideas but... I'm tired. It's been an emotional week waiting and hoping and wondering if I'll get a job offer. I would elaborate on that, but my mind is really not working right now. So look forward to those upcoming picture posts and remember what Virginia Woolf said!!
  6. One day, I really look forward to having my stuff unpacked and being able to find my books easily. And add to the collection! Woot. Now what was it I wanted to be when I grew up?? 



 

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson