Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Peering into the future

So there's a common adage that history repeats itself. And, I'd have to say, I'm a believer. For example, my summer plans. There are most definitely some things that are new and exciting-- Europe!!-- but a few striking things seem like they will be the same. Namely, my roommate situation. It seems abundantly clear that I will be rocking out the bachelorette pad solo this summer. At least I won't have a bunch of engaged girls squatting in with me. Not that it wasn't nice living with them last year but...

Apparently my roommate has begun to "help" me with the transition process. Well, in all fairness, she is helping herself with the transition. She has begun to distance herself, to remind herself of my faults so she can have extra motivation to be happy she's leaving. I guess we all have our ways of dealing with things. To my credit, I recognized and fixed at least two of said flaws. I know not to talk about cooking, and I know not to talk about boys. So, my lovely blog, you've become my retreat. I will tell you how to cook and how dismal my dating situation is. You don't care and won't compare me to you. Just because you've been waiting longer doesn't make me any less eligible for happiness. There's no "take a number" for love. Sadly. But really, that's ok. And really, any decent cook will tell you that putting cold pans on high heat will warp the pans and isn't the most effective way to cook food.

Anyways, I did my taxes today. Talk about a REFUND!! I intend to put some in savings, buy a DVD player for Alex's TV (Alex, I do want it and I'll take it once my roomies clear out), and I really want a black pearl ring, so I think I'll put some to save for that. If there's no guy to be your sugar-daddy... take care of it yourself. Once I find the ring of choice, I'll show it off for ya'll to comment on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a plan, let us know! Did you get all of your taxes done okay?

Michelle said...

Way to go getting your taxes done! I dread doing my taxes every year...but I do love getting the return. :)

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson