Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Living the Dream

Our first venue: Maribor, Slovenia
July 4, 2009- closing night of the festival

This is the stage where I lived a life dream: June 30,2009. On that big stage, floating in the Drava River, the flags of the participating countries lining the backdrop and the bright lights illuminating the floor, I walked up the wooden gangplank and waited for the musicians to play. Did I walk? I'm pretty sure I hopped and skipped, tapped a friend on a shoulder just to say how excited I was, maybe even twirled once. I've performed hundreds of times, in many locations. But nothing can really equal the feeling I had as I stepped out to the strains of "Devil's Dream", doing a dance of my country as a representative on foreign soil. I think, just maybe, that beautiful dancer in my soul made a rare appearance that night. So often she is just a vision I have inside of me, but that night the real and the ideal harmoniously unified for a few magical minutes.
Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson