Monday, July 27, 2009

Lone Wolf

Karlovac, Croatia July 7, 2009
On the way down from Dubovac, the old castle above Karlovac

During tour one of my friends said something to the effect that I was a bit of a lone wolf type. Not a loner, just a lone wolf. He said that it means I'm strong and I do my own thing, although I don't avoid or dislike social settings. That characterization seems potentially right-on. I'm not sure I see myself as strong, but I have certainly survived by doing my own thing for quite a while. I'm just feeling more introspective today. I guess it's hard for me sometimes to see my friends hooking up.... I am really happy and not jealous or anything like that, but it throws me off a bit. I came back from Europe actually really content with being single, but give the Provo atmosphere a few days and the same emotions surface again.

I'm excited to be moving forward in my life. I'm starting my master's program officially in a few weeks, I'll be in BYU's World of Dance this fall, and I'm planning on going to Europe again next summer with Clog America (however I can get work to be lenient with me). Life is good. I am loving this summer! I am finally getting a decent tan to show for it all, and enough cuts from slip and sliding to prove I'm having fun. Even if I "lone wolf" it a little longer, that's okay. There's only one person in that picture there... but look how happy she is.

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson