Sunday, August 30, 2009

Raising Helen

Great movie. I just caught the end of it, and remembered the first time I saw it. It was right before I came out to college my freshman year, 5 years ago. I went with my best friend, Scarlet, to the movies in Joplin, as kind of a last hurrah together. The movie is really touching, and I know I was crying as I was driving us back to Carthage. I think it had finally hit me that things were going to change a lot, very soon; I don't think I realized that things would change forever. Dark night illuminated by streetlights, we sat at the light near the train tracks, having just turned on to that main road (Rangeline). My '86 BMW one of the few cars on the road-- I loved my first car. It had great stick shift/clutch action.

Interesting, what we remember.

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson