Sunday, August 8, 2010

Introducing Turkey

Welcome to Turkey! So I got out of chronological order a little bit, but that doesn't matter. This is my blog and I can write in whatever order suits my fancy, right? And sometimes different stories are just more compelling. Remember last time how I talked about the awesome humanitarian work we did? This is nothing like that.

At our first meal with the festival in Turkey, we learned a few things. (This was a late lunch, served some hours after we arrived at 6 am at Adela Hotel.) 

In Turkey, two popular drinks are Cola Turka and Yedigun. Not being a fan of soda pop, I actually didn't sample these. But they sure look cool!


We had some time to wander our nearby "neighborhood." Istanbul really feels like one gigantic metropolis from the airport area, where we were at, all the way to downtown, which was about 30 miles away. That is a mosque behind us, and minarets dot the continuous apartment skyline as far as the eye can see. 

Hats are cool. Our festival handed out these sweet hats along with our festival t-shirts. We opted to appropriately display them in true American style. Yeah, that was a lot of fun :)


And that was July 1oth. 


1 comment:

Helena said...

I have Turkish ancestors, and going there is totally on my bucket list.

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson