Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Apple-Caramel Cheesecake

May I preface this post by saying that between 5:40 pm and 8:10 pm I went grocery shopping (for dinner/dessert ingredients), made the cheesecake and baked it, ran about 2 miles while it baked, took it out to cool, started the Cincinnati Chili simmering, showered, made pasta, got dressed, put makeup on, did my hair, set the table, cut up the condiments... well you get the idea. I felt like Superwoman by the time Matt knocked on the door. I even remembered to put napkins on before he got there! Anyways, let's get to the point...






INCREDIBLE YUMM!!!! Matt thought dinner tasted great, but his comment after eating a slice of this cheesecake? "Erica, you out-did yourself tonight." Thank you very much! I wouldn't call it a perfect result (the cheesecake, I mean) but it sure did taste AMAZING. Thanks, Paula Deen!


I'm not sure if it needed to cook a little longer or just needed to cool in the fridge more. As you can see, the top was getting darkened, and the center seemed mostly cooked... maybe I just need a legitimate oven that cooks evenly, not the typical student-housing oven. However, I submit that as my first attempt at cheesecake, it doesn't really matter if it was a little liquidy in the center, since it was delicious to eat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cheesecake looks very good. I will have to give it a try! I am glad it was all a success.

Michelle said...

Looks yummy! And yes I would think you would qualify as super woman after fitting all that into a couple of hours!

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson