Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday

It is a Wednesday. Meaning it feels like a Monday. Do days feel like a certain way? I usually don't think Mondays are all that bad... each day is a struggle for me to wake up and there's always more to do than there is time. I guess that's really what this is all about. 

I'm stressed.
Out.

December 3rd is my huge graduate reading examination. The good news: I have all the books that I need to read currently in my possession. And I've read/viewed about half of them. Which means I have approximately 7 left. I really would like to not fail. Honestly, I don't think I will, but the prospect of those 7 readings is daunting. Especially when I think about grading a pile of exams. And a cultural experience response. And working on my 20+ page paper. And wouldn't it be great if I finished creating my class lectures for this semester? Hey, and if I'm that far ahead, I might as well start writing their final too. Did I mention I have a final tomorrow? (I know, I definitely should be doing something besides blogging. It's okay... I'm simultaneously working on my class prep. Today is poetry.)


There's more to every story, and this one is no different. But I think I'll just leave you with this awesome quote from Katherine Hepburn. It fits some other thoughts I'm thinking.  

Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get -  only what you are expecting give - which is everything. What you will receive in return varies. But it really has no connection with what you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving.  - Katherine Hepburn

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson