Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

He is Risen. What a glorious message! 

I have a testimony in Jesus Christ- that He lived a perfect life, giving me an example to follow; that He suffered in Gethsemane, atoning for my sins and for the sins of all mankind; that He lives again, all glory to His name! He is a resurrected being. As such, He has visited the earth again, first to his apostles and followers in Jerusalem, and then to his "other sheep" (John 10:16). I have a testimony that he came hundreds of years later to a young man in New York, a youth of 14 that was praying for truth. Through this man, Joseph Smith, Christ restored His church on the earth again, following the pattern that existed in the original church as Christ instituted it during his mortal ministry. I am proud to be a member of that church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Jesus Christ is my Saviour and I am so thankful for the relationship I have with Him. In the ups and downs of my life, His love and my knowledge of His eternal plan has made all the difference. 


Jesus Christ broke the bands of death and gave all mankind the blessing of resurrection after death. As I strive to live my life in a way that will mirror His divine footsteps, I learn and grow so much. Sometimes my road seems filled with potholes and diversions. When I feel like I need His arms to lift me up, I often go to the temple. I can feel peace in these beautiful, sacred places. 


No matter what is happening in our lives, the Lord loves us. He will not abandon us. We can find peace anytime, day or night, by seeking Him in prayer. He's waiting for us with open arms. 




No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson