Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Great Debate

I am in the midst of figuring out my future. No pressure, right? My formal educational pursuits are at an end, at least for several years. My time at BYU is drawing rapidly to a close. I am definitely ready for some change at this point. I've been in Provo for 7 years; like Jaocb, I didn't exactly get the Rachel I was hoping for. Let's hope it doesn't take 7 more years to get my true love!! I have enjoyed my time here and have a LOT to show for it, but I do want to try something new. As I search for jobs, I'm increasingly drawn to two very different locations: Salt Lake City, UT and  Washington D.C.


Salt Lake City: good weather, lots of family around, nieces and nephews to play with, lots of singles, lots of hiking/camping possibilities, lots of friends still in the state. Still not a huge change from Provo. Potential to start a performing dance company with 2 friends, and/or continue dancing with my international folk ensemble. 


Washington D.C.: untold adventures. Free art museums and historic sites all over the place, lots of singles, some friends in the area. Very big change from Provo, very far away from Utah and Missouri, where my family is. Possible jobs working at said art museums! Lots of traffic, expensive housing. Pretty good weather, and not quite as dry as Utah. 

Obviously it depends on where I get job offer(s), but if you were me, where would you go?

2 comments:

Amelia Brame said...

DC all the way ;) I have sooo many single friends in DC and they L.O.V.E. it

brevin+kim said...

If it were me and I was looking for a new adventure from Provo, I would definately go to DC. Salt Lake just isnt much different than Provo at all! Whatever you choose something great will happen! :)

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson