Friday, January 3, 2014

Good morning, 2014!


I must say, 2013 was a good year. Honestly, there was some inevitability of that happening... the previous year was probably the worst year of my life. This time last year I was still pushing onward with faith but uncertainty, and probably not tons of happiness. This New Year, I am so blessed and thankful that it's hard to remember those tough memories! 

I have a wonderful job that keeps me busy and pushes me to learn and grow. Every day I get to work with compassionate and creative people. Together, we make a real difference for hospitalized kids across North America. 

I am taking steps towards my goal of getting published - I'm expanding my thesis and broadening it out to address some important topics in more detail. I will be presenting a portion of my new research this February in Washington D.C. 

I'm healthy and strong. I am motivated to work out and stretch my limits again... maybe even get back into ballet shape with the goal of performing on pointe! I am also continuing my dance pursuits with a competitive clogging team - a whole new experience for me to compete in dance!

I live in a cute house with great roommates who are caring and fun. I am looking forward to the adventures we'll have once we all get moved and settled in. 

Also I had a special someone to kiss at midnight. :)  Thanks, Jake, for wonderful New Year's Eve, New  Year's, and birthday! 




We went to see the Secret Life of Walter Mitty recently..... I loved this quote and want to live my life like this: inspired.
To see things thousands of miles away, things hidden behind walls and within rooms, things dangerous to come to, to draw closer, to see and be amazed and to feel, that is the purpose of life.

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson