Monday, January 12, 2009

Bunoasera

So tonight I again tested my culinary skills, attempting to create a yummy pasta dish. I love pasta. I could live on pasta, except I would probably get fat doing so. That's why I like to include veggies in my pasta, like tonight. I started with 3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced as much as I could get them minced. Then I sliced/cubed my zucchini and put it in with the minced garlic (and some canola oil to saute in). For some extra flavor, I added some squirts of lemon juice, some oregano, basil, and rosemary. I would also recommend salt at that point, and maybe not the rosemary. I let that cook for a bit, then I added sliced, chopped mushrooms. After those got a little tender, I added the slices of a massive roma tomato. Once those had warmed through, I poured in a little thing of whipping cream and some Parmesan cheese, because I love white sauces. Of course, it turned out a little orange because of the tomatoes, but the flavor was quite excellent! The lemon did a lot to zip up the ensemble, and a dash of nutmeg at the end also gave it a little secret punch. The only letdown of my recipe was that I used angel hair pasta, when bowties would have been more appropriate.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

This sounds delicious! You are quite the little Betty Crocker!

Anonymous said...

I tried your Cincinnati chili and the family loved it!!! New recipe for the book.

Love you
Mom

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson