Thursday, November 12, 2009

100th post



Wow, I've been blogging for over a year and have now hit my 100th post marker! Pretty exciting, if I do say so myself. (Well, maybe it was really rather anticlimactic, but I figure it was worth celebrating anyways.) It's always interesting to go back and read what I wrote in past months and year(s). Seeing where I have been helps me remember where I am going. I wonder, sometimes, if I wasn't more on target in the past than I am each day... but I think that's just the benefit of 20-20 retro-vision. So, here's to transcribing the present to have a referent in the future that captures the past.

Here's today's gem for the past/future. I came across this in John Bytheway's "What I Wish I'd Known When I Was Single." It was a great read, with some excellent quotes, advice, etc. I found this one by Edison to be reflective of my dating..... I go out on a fair number of dates-- quite a few compared to some girls-- and yet am generally single and unattached. Why? I haven't found my incandescent filament yet. It has yet to be discovered.

Results! Why, man, I have gotten
lots of results. I know several thousand
things that won’t work.
—Thomas A. Edison

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson