Friday, November 20, 2009

I've got a hankering

Seriously, I've been hankering lately. It's probably just the usual "I wish I were dating someone" thing.... but it is a hankering, nonetheless. And Clog America... I'm wishing I were dancing with them so I could go to Turkey this summer. I turned down TURKEY!!! As in, Istanbul, the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sophia, the bazaars, and reuniting with our awesome Turkish friends. I'm even hankering for BYU Folk Dance. I finished with that over two years ago! I guess I'm just feeling unsettled... but in a way that I feel like will motivate me to do things. For example, maybe I'll train for a half marathon. Yeah, me, the no-good, very bad runner.... but it could be fun. And maybe it will help curb my wanton hankering for things I can't have or don't have.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey we should run one together next year! You would do awesome running a 1/2 marathon! I would highly recommend the Ogden 1/2! I loved it!

Bethany said...

Ah festivals. We've been going through some serious withdrawls ourselves... We've had to accept that there are just different stages of life and new fun things to do. A marathon would definitely be a new challenge!

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson