Monday, December 7, 2009

Pumpkin Soup

For some reason I have a fascination with pumpkin soup. We never had it growing up. In fact, I never really have had pumpkin soup. I had a squash soup once that was quite tasty, and I can only attribute this strange pumpkin love to that soup. And it is faster to open a can than to cook a squash. Anyways, for some reason I felt like trying to make pumpkin soup again.... my previous attempt was not particularly successful. After following the recipe and finding the soup bland beyond belief, I started chucking in whatever spice seemed to fill the taste void. In the end it included salsa and soy sauce, chili powder and garlic seasoning, and a few other similar seasonings (garlic salt, dried onions, etc). I also threw in some fresh cut green onions. By that point I was tired of meddling and just wanted to eat. I topped it with some sour cream and a few splurts of lime juice. I'm not sure which one it was, but that topping combination actually turned the soup into a pleasingly palatable creation! I don't know that I'll continue attempting to make pumpkin soup, but thankfully this experience was a success tonight.

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson