Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cool Art

This animated dance premiered at the Faculty Works Performance in October. I've realized that I'm something of a hopeless romantic, so I think the ending is rather interesting (I won't spoil it, but once you see it you can imagine what I might say). 

In other news, I have a really wonderful class to teach this semester. We just had our first-day overview and there were so many wonderful comments! I'm super excited to really dive into the material and have some great discussions. 

I'm also generally pretty excited about life! At moments it's not all rosy and beautiful, but thankfully those brief lapses pass. Admittedly, I am somewhat frustrated and fed up with the social pressures unique to Provo, but I'm converting that - and the knowledge that I'm leaving this particular scene in August - into energy and excitement to do all the cool things this area has to offer. For example, I'm going snow shoeing this Saturday. I'm so excited! I'm trying to let my excitement for my endeavours infuse my life. The excitement of teaching a with-it class makes me excited about writing my thesis, which makes me excited about helping students at my other job, which makes me excited to do social things which makes me excited to get through the days until the fun times arrive which... well you get the idea. Like I said, it's not a cycle of perfection and continuously happy moments, but I'm trying to improve, and I think that's a good step in the right direction.

Well, I really just wanted to share the video. So you watch the video and I'll go do something exciting.
(Did I mention I'm in love again? His name is Kindle. I've got him in the palm of my hand... and our love affair promises to be rewarding and long-lasting. Seriously, I LOVE my Kindle!!)

2 comments:

Jenny Alama said...

Erica, I love you. You make me smile. And, I'm happy you are happy, jealous you are snowshoeing, and curious where you are going in August?

Erica said...

You should come snow shoeing too!! I'm moving far far away... to Salt Lake, lol. I'm looking at a few other places still, but that's where I'll probably land for the next few years after graduation.

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson