Sunday, January 16, 2011

Quote of The Day

Opportunities flit by while we sit regretting the chances we have lost, and the happiness that comes to us we heed not, because of the happiness that is gone.Jerome K. Jerome (1859-1927)


I read this quote today and thought wow, how true is that. I need to remember not to let the present pass me by, because who knows what it can bring!


For what it's worth, it's been an interesting and productive weekend. I'm still having an extremely difficult relationship with sleep, but instead of not sleeping I'm now sleeping too much (arguably). I hope I can get that under wraps soon. I'm also pretty sure that I want to start volunteering at the American Cancer Society. 


I want to live a meaningful life. Meaningful to me and meaningful to others. I suppose I still need to work out some details of what that means, but part of that definitely includes serving others. Since seeing that opportunity (ACS) , I just feel compelled to participate and help. I don't know what it will be like, but hopefully I will be able to make a positive impact on someone's life. 

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson