Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Liter-at-ure, Litrachur, Littachur

I have never considered myself to be a big quoter. Take movies, for example. Sure, I watch movies and pick up on the funny lines in them. But very rarely do I use movie lines in my general conversations with people; nor do my general conversations trigger thoughts of movies in my mind. I'm even worse with song lyrics because half the time I don't know what the lyrics really say. I listen to the music of the music, not the words of it, generally. But books... well after today I think that I just may be something of a word nerd. 


I had a few instances today where various short phrases triggered thoughts of different literary works in my mind. (Of course, I got interrupted between the time I started blogging and the time I got to these examples, so I only remember the most recent one.) For some reason, I thought that bar exam results were announced today. My brother took the bar exam, so it's sort of a big deal for him to know if he has passed the bar. Despite not being particularly versed in the poem (haha, versed in a poem, haha) I immediately thought of "Crossing the Bar" by Alfred Lord Tennyson. 


Man, I wish I had focused, because this was going to be such a smart little blog entry, and now it's sort of..... odd and short. 


In other news, I have started reading David McCullough's 1776 and I'm pretty sure that I'm already in love with it! And I have some job testing tomorrow and potential interviews with DYNO (submitted a resume to a special contact person). Things are starting to roll... now if only I knew which way they were going!

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson