Saturday, October 20, 2012

Swirling leaves

So earlier this year, as summer was first beginning to fade into fall, I decided that this year I would like Fall. It's not that I had anything against it in the past, but I'm not sure that I necessarily loved it. It is amazing what a conscious attitude choice can do! Not only are the fall leaves more beautiful, the weather is fantastic! I do miss my fall-appropriate shoes and scarves (not sure I'm ready for another trip to the storage unit to forage for them...) but hey, that's a minor thing. 


Another quaking aspen picture (unedited)
I also happened to see this fabulous quote this morning. It seems to fit pretty well with the idea of leaves and fall and swirling up. 


Love...roots up the will like a leaf, and sweeps the whole heart into the abyss.
Gustave Flaubert (1821-1880)

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson