Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Utah State Fair

Still playing catch up.... how about some State Fair action? 

Tight rope walker

Unicycle on the tightrope

Backflip on a tightrope! So the first time he did this, he landed off-centered and  had to hop down. It looked really painful actually (poor man), but he got back on and tried again! I caught him mid-air in his successful flip. 

High diving men!! You better believe we had great seats for this one :)

They had springboards and these teeny tiny platforms ... I think the highest was 3 meters! 

Not sure I would have been so chill with diving off a tiny platform with the wind blowing as strong as it is ... see those flags? But hey, they're professionals. And attractive.... yeah. :D 

Awesome

Also awesome.... although it would have been better if I'd caught the dive instead of the take off. 


Goofy "dives"!


We went and said hi to the divers afterwards. After we had walked away, I was looking back watching this guy and I guess I wasn't too subtle because they all waved goodbye when they went backstage. Haha oops! 

He's way up there!!

At the end. He survived the jump!

What's a State Fair without some quality butter sculpture? 

In case you can't really tell, it's a cow take on the Hunger Games. That's Katniss... um, Cowness? with the bow there. 

LEMURS!!

Isn't he so cute!?

Awww, so soft and furry.

We now interrupt your regularly scheduled post to show the very first thing I took a picture of at the fair.. the horses!! They had quite a lot and I love them!!
Now returning to your normal post....

AWW!!! So cute! This little guy was pretty tame and was fine being petted and touched. He's holding Amber's hand here. He picked a winner!

Baby lemur!! Seriously, very tiny little guy and super cute. 

See how tiny? See how cute?

At one point he actually climbed into the cup holder. What a sweetie!

Uhm.... I forget what these animals are called. But they're cute too!


Thirsty. Or hungry. Probably both. 

Cute little thing from some exotic place.. awwww...



This is for my mom. I saw this red quilt and thought it was super cute, just had to take a picture!

Owl. Open one (Harry Potter). Watch one. Love one. 

Rodeo!!! Okay, not pictured is the amazing dinner I had at the rodeo. I couldn't find a corn dog that cost less than $7, so I headed off for something cheaper. I decided on a sweet potato, absolutely loaded with butter, sour cream, cheese, green onions, some parmesan... WOW it was amazing! This rodeo clown was great too, and so was the rodeo itself. But I absolutely loved my food. And I felt healthy eating it. Haha, self-deception is alive and well I guess :) . 

Nighttime on the fairway.

Ferris Wheel

Party all night long!

Pretty lights. 

You know, it's really interesting that within the past six weeks or so I've done so many fun things! I guess part of me thought that being jobless and somewhat lacking direction in my future would translate into a boring life. But I feel like I have been learning a valuable lesson: enjoy the journey. In fact, I absolutely loved attending General Conference this weekend and hearing at least two different talks that specifically referenced joy in the journey. I feel like I am slowly learning how to find happiness withing myself, instead of needing external things to make me happy. Perhaps that's a lesson I've needed to learn for a very long time.... if so, then I'm thankful that I am finally getting it through my sometimes-stubborn head. I still really wish I had a job. I still would love to have my own mattress and have my stuff with me. Lol especially if I start needing winter coats soon.... but I'm pretty happy. Content. Enjoying the phase of life that I'm in right now. It's rough every now and then, and then I get a reminder of how happy and blessed I am! 

 I would recommend this same exercise to you—namely, that you take an inventory of your life and look specifically for the blessings, large and small, you have received. ~ President Monson October General Conference 2012

Coming soon to a blog near you: Romantic Getaway for 2 in Deer Valley! Tune in next time for the story and the story behind the story.







No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson