Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Reduced Readership

So I'm not sure who (if anyone besides me) actually reads what I post. I know I check back a few times during the week to make sure what I wrote last is as brilliant as I thought it was the first time. :) Nor am I entirely certain that I want to increase my readership, but that's neither here nor there.

So, I attended a financial aid conference in South Dakota last week. Actually, it's been a whole week since I've been home. Wow, time flies. I have reported on the conference 3 times now, and I have to say it feels cool to be a professional and offering my thoughts on what we do and what ideas I had from the conference. I've never sought out a career or really seen myself as one of the super career women, but I also give my best to whatever I do, so it's not too surprising. Probably the coolest thing for me is being respected as a peer amongst people who have been doing this much longer than I have and who are also much older than I am. Definitely a new experience.

In other news, I'm still running 4 times a week, averaging 2.25 miles each night. Tonight we ran our long run to Provo Towne Center mall, which is about 4.3 miles. Ok, well it IS 4.3 miles. I made it all the way down without walking once, and I made a lot of the second leg back without walking. I'm not the greatest long distance runner. It feels so good to be in shape, though, and this has definitely trimmed me up, especially now that I'm not dancing as often. My Saturdays I spend dancing still: always a tap dance rehearsal in the morning, and once a month I dance the whole livelong day! I just need to work on my memory at this point. Last night I replaced my run with a vigorous game of intramural volleyball. We lost, but it was so much fun! It might have helped that a certain friend was there as well. :D The only sad part of the night was when I dived for a ball and my pants got a hole burned in the knee.... my own knee has a corresponding burn with black flecks in it. Lovely. Good game, though.

This post really is all over the place! I took my first practice test for the GRE today. I need some practice. It was the diagnostic test to help you determine what you need to work on. Let's just say that 4 years without math has diminished my quantitative reasoning skills. I'll have to find a willing tutor somewhere I suppose. My analogies and antonyms were a little weak, too, but I can work that one out on my own.

Well, life hasn't changed all too much, but it is going great still. There's lots of great moments each day, little as they are. And who knows-- perhaps one day soon I'll have more exciting news to share. Hey, it could happen!

3 comments:

Colin said...

i read your blog. i wonder how many people know about your blog?

Michelle said...

Erica you are so cute! I love reading your blog! That's so cool that you got to go to a conference. I heard you were somewhat close to us in South Dakota!-Next time come for a visit! Only a few more weeks until we get to see you!

Teri said...

Erica, I read your blog quite regularly and love your wit and style - always have.

I love you!!!

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson