Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Anxiously Engaged



No, I'm not engaged. C'mon people, I'm not even dating on a regular basis, let alone dating one person exclusively! That's okay-- life happens, and that will too when it's time. Its just interesting though, for me to look around and see how many people I know that are engaged. Three friends of mine got engaged over the weekend. I'm counting down the days until my roommate has an actual ring to make things "official." By the way, have I mentioned that I like my iPod? It's smart. No sooner do I start typing this post than beautiful Josh Groban comes on and starts singing "You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)." Anyways, love is in the air!! Another friend of mine is expecting a baby any day, another is expecting in the next few months, and I'm going to be an auntie again in August!! Here I try to convince myself that it's getting time to leave Utah and I get more kiddos to keep me here.... I see what you're up to Megan. :)

I'm quite happy today: my optometrist prescribed me some new lenses and they are great! He thinks my eyeballs had a negative reaction to the material of my Acuvue Oaysis lenses, which is why my eyeballs were red and irritated more often than not. It is so refreshing to have good lenses in that won't turn me into the perpetually tired-looking full-time employee, part-time student, occasional dance teacher, sometimes chef, dancer-on-two-companies gal that I really am. Just because I feel that way doesn't mean my eyes should reveal that, so way to go new doctor!

Have you ever heard someone wail on the trumpet? I went to a concert last night that included BRIJJ, a local jazz group. Wow, they can play! And their lead man played a mean trumpet. I also met Ryan Shupe, Tony, and Brian (?) who are in his band. Yeah, I've got connections. And happy day for the 10 hours of dancing on Saturday that have been making me feel like a rockstar! Nothing keeps you in shape like the continual calorie burn that happened this Saturday. I actually left the stake dance early, feeling rather sick. I came down with a lovely headache about 20 minutes after getting home. I usually can outlast dances, but this one I didn't. And one a year or two ago, where I was so tired I was dancing with my eyes closed. Good thing my partner could lead!!




It opens the lungs, washes the countenance, exercises the eyes, and softens down the temper...; so cry away.

Charles Dickens (1812-1870)

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson