Monday, February 1, 2010

Quiet Thoughts

Ah, the wonders of technology. It keeps people connected, even when time or distance or change of circumstances. I was casually perusing Facebook today, and found out that one of my good friends freshman year lost her baby. (What a strange way to phrase it... like a misplaced object?). She married a few years ago and had a baby back in Fall, but unfortunately their little girl had seizures and troubles. There was a while that she had to stay in the hospital, but she did get to be at home for the past two or three months. Anyways, more complications came up and they returned to the hospital, and on Friday their daughter passed away. How sad. Life is such a mix of highs and lows. What was interesting is that I noticed someone that commented about the events, someone who used to be in my ward senior year. This girl also faced a tragedy in the past several months, when her husband passed away in a car accident. She was injured as well and had some significant recovery to get through. She has a little girl now, but no husband. Extending comfort to a woman with a husband, but no little girl anymore.

With great happiness comes great sorrow, I suppose. Erin and Katie, I wish both your families peace. You're both so strong, I know, but you're in my thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

That is so sad! I don't know if I could make it through something like that. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I am looking forward to seeing you next month when we come out for Carson's blessing! Love ya!

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson