Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Frustrations

So today I was supposed to lead the class discussion in my CMPST 640R class. I read the book, read the supplemental readings, and prepared three main questions I wanted to discuss. I marked the passages, wrote out the questions with some guides as to where I wanted the discussion to lead, and went to bed feeling like I was prepared. I woke up, printed off the papers for everyone, and arrived early to class. I began my discussion with a short introduction as to how Book 1 and Book 2 are different, then moved into my first topic of inquiry.

Maybe people just don't like to talk at 8 in the morning. Maybe I didn't leave enough room for interpretation when I asked my question. Maybe I talked too much, not enough, or maybe I smelled funny. (I didn't: I showered before class). For whatever reason, though, no one really picked up on what I was putting down. Well... the professor did. And he dominated the conversation and discussion for a large part of the time. I did get to all my (three) questions, but they didn't go anywhere near where I envisioned them. Of course I could have examined the topics more along the angles he brought up, but I wanted to hear my classmates ideas on what I had prepared for them. At least I don't feel sick anymore. I was half-worried that I wouldn't make it through class. So that's a good thing, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it through class! Take a deep breath...you did all you could have done. And it is over!!!
Sure love you.

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson