Saturday, September 12, 2009

Humanity in Motion

I sat in the red cushioned seats, trying to ignore the disparity in my vision-- one contact in and one contact out is definitely not ideal--while a scene of true beauty unfolded on the stage. It took me the entire dance, but I think I grasped an idea of the underlying concept of the contemporary piece. Ripples. The same movement is made at the beginning and the end, bookending a transcendent array of interactions. As I watched, I was impressed with a sense of the universality of movement-- it's power to connect people elementally.

I really wish I had written my thoughts down earlier. Reading more philosophical homework assignments has a tendency to put my brain in constriction, and at this point my thoughts are not coming to remembrance. Sleep, where art thou?

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson