Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rawr

So I've come to an important, though albeit disappointing, realization today. I am way too intolerant these days. Quick tempered, easily frustrated with others, not as patient as I should be....
RAWR! Sometimes I feel like I could just bite someone's head off!! Unfortunately, I tend to feel this way at work, which is bad because that's where I spend the majority of my day. I feel unappreciated for job responsibilities I was asked to fulfill for about 6 months on a volunteer basis. I did a really good job with the assignments I was given, and I still am doing some things they passed off to me. Having become the temporary liaison for that time, it became assumed that I suddenly knew how everything worked in our system. I don't. I know how to troubleshoot and think things through, but sometimes people still ask me questions as if I know everything and can figure out why the system does what it does. (I defy ANYONE to answer that question.) I like helping my coworkers, and they were really fabulous to help me out when I got bogged down a few weeks ago, but my attitude hasn't seemed to recover yet. I need to fix something so I can find joy in work again.

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson