Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Pensamientos de la muerte

Whoever thought working full time and doing grad school part time was a practical, nay, a good idea must needs be shot or hung or otherwise dispatched. Unfortunately, religion prevents me from suicide, so here I sit. Instead, I shall lay the other particulars of my life on the altar of self-sacrifice.... sacrifice of self to fulfill a wish of self under factors entirely controlled by self. Oh, the irony.

In truth, I do think I'll survive the semester. Barely. It just seems to be a lot right now because a) school just started, b) I am giving a lot of time to World of Dance preparation, c) I'm still getting back in the habit of shoving books into my head while gleaning deep insights from them. But hey, if I don't survive, maybe that's not such a bad thing. In the words of Alexander Pope~ "Who dies in youth and vigour, dies the best."

Work Brings Freedom

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You are amazing girl! If anyone can keep up with all that it'd be you! :)

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson