Monday, March 15, 2010

Icing on Top

Last week was so ... Dickensian, like "A Tale of Two Cities." It was the best of times, it was the worst of times... except I'd have to change the order of that to make it really match. The week started off extremely stressful as I tried to figure out a thesis topic, meet with my committee, stay afloat with classes, and keep up on my hours at work. And then came Wednesday. And everything got better.... exponentially better! Wednesday was incredible, Thursday was amazing, and Friday was spectacular! I got to see Aric every day and I pretty much love spending time with him. He braved the family and came with me to my cousin's wedding reception on Friday night, and I must say it was successful all around. Thankfully he didn't feel overwhelmed and really enjoyed meeting (lots) of my family, and they of course were happy to meet him too. And did I mention that I caught the bouquet? Yeah, that was fun too. And, as if that's not enough happiness for one person for three days, I also found out that I'll be teaching at BYU next Fall! I will teach Humanities 101 the whole semester, like a real professor! I'm super duper excited for that opportunity. Plus, that means I'll have a job in the fall. I am leaving my full-time job to be a student full-time, but until Friday I didn't have another source of income. It's amazing how the windows of Heaven just all open at the same time sometimes! I only wish I knew how to express my gratitude better, more fully.

1 comment:

Helena said...

Wow, that is all great news! I hope your thesis search is going well.

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson