Saturday, February 5, 2011

BYU vs UNLV

So I wasn't expecting to have a very exciting Saturday. I left the Valentine Benefit last night with a massive headache that only got worse. I finally got to sleep, and ended up sleeping for a very long time. Thanks goodness I woke up around 11:15, because about ten minutes later I got a phone call from an old friend, David McMillan. How glad am I that I decided to answer and not let it go to voicemail? SO GLAD! Dave had an extra pass to today's basketball game, so I hurried and showered, got ready, and trucked it up to the Marriott Center.

The game was awesome! I've heard a lot about Jimmer Fredette this semester (who hasn't!), but I had yet to see a live game. It was amazing! UNLV put up a tough fight and certainly made all the BYU players work for their points. But you can't keep a good team down! We had some great shots from the field, including several 3's, some great dunks, and great shooting from the line. Jimmer broke the MWC scoring record, and overall it was just a great game! I'm so glad I got a chance to see our team play live! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous - I have yet to see Jimmer live. The first game I watched was the one in Wyoming recently where Jimmer had an "off" day but still pulled it out for the win. Glad you had fun!

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson