Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Just around the corner

Happy Groundhog's Day, everyone! According to Punxatawney Phil, spring is just around the corner. Thank goodness, because I don't know how many more of these super-cold days I can take! I got to campus today and it was about 9 degrees... with a "feel-temperature" of -1. At least it is bright and sunshining outside. 


So I was reading a friend's blog. She is doing a different goal each month in her quest to find greater happiness this year. I really like that idea! President Hinckley used to encourage us to be just a little bit better; we don't need to change every single thing right now, but just make little steps towards improvement. Personally, I've also been working to find the secret to happiness. One thing that has helped me has been to keep a gratitude journal (of sorts). While it hasn't been a daily thing, it is in the back of my mind as I go through each day. I have been able to look at the day and find good things about it, and because of that I find that my days have been happier in general! It has nothing to do with anything going on in my life, because nothing has really changed. But I am happier, and I love that feeling. To tie back to the beginning of this paragraph.... that change has helped me in one of my goals for the year: to complain less. 


I had a better point to make than that... but I sort of forget what it was. So I'm going to finish this here and work on writing my exam. 





No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson