Monday, May 30, 2011

Mountains

I've been thinking about mountains lately. I've gotten to go on some fun hikes in the past week - up Rock Canyon and also Battle Creek Falls - and those have reminded me of other hikes and adventures. Falling down the mountain at Stewart Falls years ago... Getting left on a mountain in the middle of the Tetons with nothing but my water bottle and two knees that made me cry on my way back down. I also think of the hikes I still want to take in the future. I really want to meet a guy that likes going out for a nice hike in the mountains and will suggest it as well. (And not leave me on the mountain!) I think of how I'll probably never make some hikes, thanks to my knee and the challenges it gives me going downhill. But I'm sure there's plenty of easy enough hikes I can still make! 


I've made some metaphorical hikes lately, too. The thesis has definitely been a big one. Of course, it isn't exactly entirely done.... so there's a few more steps to conquer in that mountain. (And of course I'm procrastinating and blogging instead. Ah well!) I've also been climbing some personal mountains in the past several months. I don't think we ever really stop working up those slopes, actually, but sometimes the incline levels out and sometimes it's very steep. While I have been working hard to keep going forward, I think the climb has been balanced by some amazing views and perspectives. If you have to work hard, it's nice to have a pretty view! 


Speaking of views, here's some fun pictures from the past few months to show my awesome friends and what we've been up to!




Ananda and I going to an outdoor concert in April
Jenelle and I walking the Provo River Trail
Nohemi, Alexis, and Jenelle (and me taking the pic) at our outdoor Easter cookout
Crepes! I meant to have more people over but it ended up being Jenelle and I
Homemade crepes
Savory filling: Aspargus and mushroom with shredded swiss cheese
Berry topping. I made a delicious cream cheese filling to go with this and it was divine!


No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson