Monday, May 23, 2011

Vogue- My Thesis

So one of my committee members suggested I add pictures to my thesis. Actually, I think she would prefer me to add videos, but I have absolutely no time or resources to add videos to a text document. Instead, I became a model for my own thesis. Yep, to avoid copyright issues, I contacted the excellent photographer, Ananda Henriksen, to do some shots for my thesis. She photographed, I touched them up for lighting in Photoshop, and here's what we've got! 

** Please note: the following images are exclusively copyrighted with the photographer's consent. Do not use without contacting me or her for permission. **

Sean Nos style dancing
 
Competitive Dance Posture

Common foot placement in early 1900s

Competition Foot Placement
 
Ghillies

Hard Shoes

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson