Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Where did they come from?

One of my committee members asked a compelling question today: where did the dancing masters come from? As I'm searching the web tonight.... I'm not finding much information. Based on names, some seem to hail from Ireland while others seem to hail from France. The video above is based on Kerry step-dancing style taught by the famous Jerry Molyneaux... so famous that very little is written on him (that I can locate). The shift between his style, termed Munnix here, and contemporary style is so subtle and nuanced, I'd be hard pressed to say what changes. Obviously the tempo picks up and foot beats per second increase significantly. 


 Better get back to my thesis. I'm finding too many great videos that aren't about the dances I should be focusing on. 

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson