Monday, October 31, 2011

October in Recap


  • My first full month working again
  • Got paid for the first time at my new job!
  • Bought my first mattress set
  • Moved to south Salt Lake City
  • Began rehearsals for two different dance performances
  • Met new friends and went on many dates (1+ per week)
  • Fell in like and unlike with a lawyer
  • Fell in like and unlike with a business student (who gave me a bald spot one night)
  • Realized that my warning sensors are actually very finely tuned regarding relationships... I just need to tune into them and accept what they're telling me
  • Saw "Dracula" the ballet, and bought tickets to see Savion Glover (whopee!)
  • Still living out of suitcases (since I moved in mid-August)
  • Attended the temple at least once (didn't realize what a blessing unemployment was to allow me time to go every week!)
  • Took zero pictures
  • Discovered the glories of Hire's burgers
  • Babysat cute niece and nephew in NSL
  • Missed cute niece and nephew in Springville
  • Went to a single's ward. Ew. Depressing. If I'm 31 and single, I'm going to a family ward. 
  • Saw "Footloose" and fell in love with the lead male. HOT!
I think it's fair to say that I'm happy October is over. It was extremely topsy-turvy, especially with dating. I think that all the stress, change and instability made me quick to see stability in the 1-2 guys who seemed promising and showed interest. For better or worse. Such is life, and I simply do my best. I spent much of last week battling anxiety and tears... and last night opened a good floodgate and channel of heavenward communication. Emotionally speaking, today was great! School is still hard a lot of the time, especially when it requires your best no matter how you feel. Despite feeling better internally, class didn't go as well as I might have hoped. Oh well, they'll be back tomorrow. But I'm very thankful to have my heart and head back in alignment. It's a tender mercy. Well, I need to finish lesson plans for tonight, get ready for a Halloween party, and all that jazz. I promise to finish my treatise on Halloween and Carnival very soon. Perhaps tomorrow night? I do miss writing about intellectual topics. I'm one of those school nerds that really enjoyed writing research papers. I really do want to get back into the college field one day. Anyways, fun calls!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

south SLC?? So far away :( Glad you went on that many dates... :)!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you are having a rough time right now :(. I just wanted to say that I am SO HAPPY that we are doing the Motab thing together! It wouldn't be as much fun without you!

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson