Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Visiting Eden

I headed home over the long weekend for some much needed rest, relaxation, and TLC. While there I got to re-discover that Missouri really is the garden of Eden. I had a lot of favorite moments, but some of the best ones were sitting in the bright blue pool, surrounding by vibrant green grass and trees, a cloudless azure sky overhead and nothing but the call of many birds for accompaniment. No people crowding into spaces and places. No buildings infringing on the landscape. No trucks or cars or sirens. Just pure nature. Did I  mention the gloriously warm sun was bronzing down on me? Perfection. 



In reality, being at home was (and always will be) perfection, no matter where home is. Why? My family is there, and that's what matters. Friends are incredible, but family is just something else. I love them, and they love me, and that's all there is to it.

1 comment:

Colin said...

no mountains! :P

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson