Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 11: John 14:26-27

These verses have arguably nothing to do with prayer. However, they are frequent comfort verses for me, and reflect the feelings I can get from prayer. Several years ago, my friend Rachel set these two verses to music. I still wish I had a recording of it, but the memory is imprinted in my mind. I hear the tune when I read these verses. One thing I loved about her arrangement was ow the music broadened and settled like a blanket during the beginning of verse 27... Peace I leave in you. My peace I give unto you. Peace being drawn out and lengthened in the phrase.

Prayer brings peace. It is beautiful. It wraps and protects us. For me tonight, I cold pray for nothing better.

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson