Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 17: Revelation 8:4

I love the imagery of this verse, where prayers rise to heaven like incense. Many eastern religions use incense in their worship and rituals. Incense isn't in a rush to go anywhere... It slowly weaves its way heavenward, spreading and touching many on its way. It sweetens as it goes. I feel like prayers do exactly that. They touch others in subtle ways, while sweetening our own lives.

This short tonight because I went country dancing with friends! A night like that is arguably an answer to prayer... So fun and dance just does something special for my soul. I wrote my thoughts before going, just didn't post them. But these really are for day 17, no skipping :)

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson