Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 8: Helaman 3:35

Interestingly, I found this scripture last night while doing my "normal" scripture study. It caught my attention, and I really liked getting into it today. I'm not sure I've seen another scripture that so clearly spells out the blessings of prayer. First, their prayers are frequent, even habitual parts of their lives. This results in increased humility - interesting byproduct - and stronger faith. Souls are filled with joy. And my favorite part: hearts are sanctified because they are yielded, like harvested fruit, to The Lord. I also liked 3:27, which reminds us that prayer isn't exclusive. It's for everyone!

My prayers have been helping me gain a tester relationship with The Lord. I haven't had anything crazy awesome happen, just small witnesses that my spirit is growing, not just my intellect. It's easy for me to get caught up in the learning side, thinking I've got things figured out when really I need to gain experience and testimony. But I have felt that being in a spiritual mindset has made my prayers more meaningful to me, thereby growing my testimony.

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson