Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 9: Mark 1:35

One of the biggest changes I've noticed during the past few days of this project is that I think sour prayer and scriptures more often, with more purpose. Today as I drove to work, I learned that the Pope is resigning... Something that hasn't happened since the 15th century or so. I wanted to find a New Testament scripture for tonight, to honor the shared truths. Mark 1:35 is a brief but telling account of how Christ prayed. He awoke early, left to find solitude, and then prayed. I love the spirit that seems to pervade the morning, though I usually only notice it on special occasions, not my typical mornings. Being in nature especially evokes that. While I do the evening routine -- better than nothing -- I hope to one day make a switch to morning worship. My goal is to try and do a special morning prayer tomorrow, in addition to my normal prayer/scriptures for the day. And my prayer tonight will be for health (who gets allergies in 30 degree weather??), restful sleep, and an early wake up tomorrow!

No comments:

Don't limit yourself and don't let others convince you that you are limited in what you can do. Believe in yourself and then so as to reach your possibilities. You can achieve what you believe you can. Trust and believe and have faith. ~ President Thomas S. Monson